Albrecht named Principal of Juab Jr. High
Juab School District is excited to announce Blair Albrecht as the principal at Juab Junior High for the 2023-24 school year. Albrecht was selected from a strong field of candidates who interviewed for the position. The JuabSD Board of Education will take official action on his appointment at board meeting on April 19 at 6:00 pm.
Principal Albrecht said, "I care about the faculty and students I have had the chance to work with during my career. They are what really matter to me and are my success as a professional."
Blair grew up in Minersville, Utah, where he loved playing sports, hunting and working on his dad’s farm and ranch. He graduated from Beaver High School and then served a two-year mission in the Caribbean Islands. He earned his bachelor’s degree in 2004 from Southern Utah University and began his educational career in Washington County School District. As a teacher, he taught 4th and 5th grade at Heritage, Riverside, and Legacy Elementary. Blair has been the principal at Nebo View Elementary since 2017. He is currently the president-elect and will be the president of the Utah Association for Elementary School Principals (UAESP) next year.
Achievements as a principal:
- Student achievement increased by 12% on RISE and DIBELS
- Strong PLC and tier 2 program of intervention and extension
- STEM: Lego Robotics, coding instruction, 3D printing, engineer gaming, etc.
- 2020, USBE case study school for student success and use of finances and resources
- Member of the state P20 Competencies and Portrait of a Graduate committee
- 2022 Recognized as an exemplary school in teacher efficacy and collaboration.