The Juab School District Board of Education are accepting applications to fill the remaining four-year term of District 1 of the Juab School District, left open because board member Alicen Allred has given her resignation to the board of education effective February 28, 2019. The term of office for the new appointee will begin on March 1, 2019 and will continue through the remainder of the term ending December 31, 2020. The Juab School Board of Education has opened the application period beginning Thursday, January 17, 2019 until 5:00 PM on Thursday, January 31, 2019. Those interested in being appointed to fill this vacancy must meet the requirements for the office outlined below, and shall submit their name, address, and phone number, with verification of residence, to the Juab School District Office by 5:00 PM on Thursday, January 31, 2019
Applicants for office will be interviewed by the board of education in an open public meeting on Saturday February 2nd 2019 at 8:00 am in the Juab School District Board of Education room in the basement of the district office. The board will then select an applicant to fill the vacancy and announce the appointment at the Juab School District Board of Education Meeting on February 20, 2019.
Requirements for Office:
1. Must be a United States Citizen and registered to vote in Juab County.
2. Must reside within the boundaries of District 1 of the Juab School District for 12 consecutives months prior to appointment date and maintain his/her residency within those boundaries for the term of office.
3. A member of the Board of Education may not during the member’s term of office also serve as an employee of the Board (which also includes substitute teacher).
4. A member of a local board of education is “qualified” when the member takes or signs constitutional oath of office.
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program provides income tax assistance to low-income individuals. It your household income is $55,000 or less you qualify to have your taxes prepared for free.
Nephi Location: USU Extension Office 160 North Main St. Hours: 1:15 - 5:15pm Tuesdays Call 211 or 435-893-0735 to schedule an appointment
*If you would like to become a volunteer to prepare taxes, please call Shara Bastian at Six County Association of Governments at 435-893-0735 *
The Juab School District School Board approved a calendar for the 2019-2020 school year at their November 13, 2018 meeting. Click to download the 2019-2020 calendar as a PDF.
Juab School District and Central Utah Counseling Center have been working on a community collaborative effort to administer the SHARP survey in the spring of 2019. We are excited to begin this partnership. We recognize the issues that have been brought to light the past couple of months about the SHARP survey. Our efforts have been to overcome these challenges and perceptions to find better ways to serve our community. Our focus is on parental choice being the utmost priority for the administration in the spring of 2019. Parents of the students in Juab School District will have the opportunity to have their student participate in the survey by signing the opt-in form.
Juab School District
Open Enrollment Options for 2018-19
• All students residing in Juab School District are expected to attend the school in their boundaries established by the Board of Education. Please call the district at 435-623-1940 if you have questions about your boundary school. The district also recognizes and supports the concept of open enrollment. Based on individual school capacity, it is the practice of the district to allow open enrollment in grades where the average class size in kindergarten and first grade are 20 student or less, multi-age grade level class size is 22 students or less, and the average class size in all other grades is 25 students or less. If the average class size in a grade exceeds these numbers that grade is considered closed. A school is considered closed enrollment if the average class size as a school exceeds the district average at the elementary or secondary level. All Juab School District special education programs are closed at this time as enrollment thresholds have been exceeded. Schools and grades that are closed and open are noted below. Enrollment numbers will be updated on a regular basis.
• Open enrollment currently exists between Red Cliffs Elementary and Nebo View Elementary to all those students residing in the district’s choice zone. 1st North to 3rd North and West to Main Street.
• Parents wishing to apply for open enrollment at Nebo View Elementary, Red Cliffs Elementary, or Mona Elementary, please fill out the open enrollment form and return it in person to Juab School District at 346 East 600 North, Nephi, Utah. Please allow up to four weeks for notification of acceptance or denial of application. Notification and contact will come from the building principal. Any non-resident student wishing to apply for open enrollment at Juab Junior High School or Juab High School, should apply at the school directly.
• Transportation to the school of any student accepted for open enrollment is the sole responsibility of the parent or guardian.
In the fall of 2019, Juab School District will open a newly remodeled West Campus that sits adjacent to Juab Junior High School. The renovated West Campus will be home to JSD 6th grade classrooms on the south end of the building. The north end of the building will house junior high CTE courses, music, as well as other 7th and 8th grade classrooms. The center of the building will become the JSD Innovations Center.
To view details click on Arrow.
Personalized learning is meeting specific needs of students through individualized pace, differentiated learning approach, and leveraging student voice. The Juab School District personalized learning model is characterized by the CORE FOUR essential elements found in every classroom:
Flexible Content and Tools
Student Reflection and Ownership
- Data Driven Decisions
In Juab School District, we are committed to helping our students succeed. We know that a partnership between parents, students, and teachers makes that commitment possible. Want to get started?