Good afternoon JuabSD School Community,
I hope this update finds you all doing well and staying safe! Each day that this crisis continues, I am lifted up by the amazing acts of kindness and sacrifice that continue to occur! Please continue to share the positive energy on social media! It lifts everyone up! Thank you to our amazing teachers and staff for connecting with our students and their dedicated efforts to try and normalize life in these uncertain times! A big thanks to our parents and guardians as well! Your efforts to support your children are much appreciated and enough!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
As we follow the school dismissal protocol, our district is taking every precaution to help prevent the spread of this virus while practicing social distancing. We have adjusted to an Online Kindergarten Registration. Please complete the Online Kindergarten Registration by April 3, 2020. Check below for school-specific details.
In the case of a school or district emergency dismissal or closure, we will ensure that student learning can still take place. The following plan exists in response to potential closures or quarantines. If schools are dismissed we anticipate the following needs: access to curriculum, the ability to send and receive clear and simple communication, and the ability to give and receive feedback for learning. We're working actively to refine a system that allows for effective eLearning.
While we have made these resources available, we recognize that not every student has the same learning needs. We are learning together. Please keep open communication with your children's teacher. Offer feedback. Have conversations. We will continue to learn and grow together. Please note: Elementary students and parents do NOT need to login to Canvas to access resources.
Updated April 3, 2020
- Starting April 13, lunch will be available for pickup on three days: We will serve Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. On Tuesday and Thursday, families will also receive lunch and breakfast for 2 days.
- Lunch will be served from 12-12:30 p.m. at the following locations: Levan Park, Red Cliffs Elementary, Nebo View, Juab High School, and Mona Elementary.
- We are doing everything possible to keep our lunch staff safe at this time. We ask that you will pick up lunches from the driver's side and the driver will pick up the lunches from the table.
- If you are not feeling well or have family members who are not well, please do not come to pick up school lunches.
- Lunches are intended to be eaten immediately or should be stored in the refrigerator within 1 hr. Please discard any leftovers within 3 days.
Respond to the 2020 Census and inform funding for educational programs that benefit our children, like after-school activities, school meal programs, and Head Start. It’s more than just a count, it’s an opportunity to shape the next generation.
Read: Census 101 (PDF)