What is the Pandemic-EBT Program?
Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) is a benefit to help purchase food for households with children who have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price meals due to pandemic-related school closures at any time during the 2020-2021 school year.
What makes a school qualify for P-EBT?
- The school must be approved to operate the National School Lunch Program; and
- Must have been closed/operating with reduced hours of attendance for 5 or more consecutive days at any time during the 2020-2021 school year.
How are P-EBT benefits determined?
Benefits are determined by a school’s P-EBT qualifying date and the main student instruction model during each month.
Who is eligible for P-EBT Benefits?
Students in a household that is approved for free or reduced-price school meals attending a qualifying school may be eligible for P-EBT.
What makes a student eligible for P-EBT?
- Student must be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals; or
- Must be enrolled in a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) or Provision 2
- Your student is not receiving in-person instruction for some or all during the months of September through May 2021.
How can I find out more about P-EBT?
Learn more about the P-EBT program in Utah by visiting https://jobs.utah.gov/covid19/pebt/.
The website provides a current list of qualifying schools, Frequently Asked Questions, and contact information.
How can I be reconsidered for P-EBT?
If you have one or more students you would like to be reconsidered for Pandemic EBT benefits, complete this intake form. This form must be completed and submitted to your district or student’s school no later than August 2, 2021.
Submit this form to:
Juab School District 346 E 600 N Nephi, UT 84648