Policy ECBC Extended Year-Extended Day
Issue Date: December 16, 2009
The Superintendent, within the framework of the budget, may fund in-service projects for improving teacher competency and for individual or team curriculum planning. Projects may be funded on a daily stipend or tuition supplement basis. In-service projects should be designed to meet the needs of the individual students. Priority will be given those projects that deal with developing or adjusting programs to the changing needs and interest of students by providing a variety of learning options in content difficulty, rate of learning, teacher expectations, methods, developing self-image, and evaluation.
- Projects will be approved by the Principal and Superintendent.
- Project applications will include the following:
- Activities (how it will be accomplished)
- Evaluation (how will it be evaluated)
- Stipends will be paid when the project is completed and approved by the Principal and Superintendent.