Policy FGAC-Bus Conduct
Issue Date: March 17, 2010
Conduct that provides grounds for suspension from bus riding privileges include:
- Student conduct that occurs on the bus, that may warrant or require suspension or expulsion under the Safe School policy, FHA.
- Willful injury or threat of injury to a bus driver or another rider.
- Willful and/or repeated defacement of the bus.
- Use of profanity after a warning.
- Repeated willful disobedience to a bus driver or other supervisor’s directives.
- Such other behavior as the school administration deems to threaten the safe operation of the bus and its occupants.
Use of Video Surveillance on School Buses
Video cameras may be used on school buses when deemed advisable to monitor conduct and/or to maintain a safe environment for students and employees.
Security of Video Surveillance
The content of the videotapes constitutes student records that are confidential and protected. Only those having a legitimate educational or administrative purpose shall be able to review such information. If a tape becomes the subject of a disciplinary proceeding, it shall be treated like all other evidence in the hearing as confidential and protected.