Policy FHD - Relations With Governmental Agencies and Local Governmental Authories
Issue Date: February 20, 2013
Taken into Custody
The District shall permit a student to be taken into custody:
- Pursuant to an order of the juvenile court.
- Pursuant to the laws of arrest.
- By a law enforcement officer if there are reasonable grounds to believe the student has engaged in delinquent conduct or conduct in need of supervision.
- By a probation officer if there are reasonable grounds to believe the student has violated a condition of probation imposed by the juvenile court.
- By an authorized representative of the Utah Department of Social Services, a law enforcement officer, or a juvenile probation officer, without a court order under conditions relating to the student's physical health or safety or the physical health or safety of others.