Policy DFB - Paid Association Leave
Issue Date: November 18, 2009
Juab School District staff members will be allowed to take Paid Association Leave only if the staff member(s):
- Ensure that work performed by employees on Paid Association Leave directly benefits education within the school district.
- Obtain the use and approval of Paid Association Leave from the Superintendent of Schools.
- Ensure that the costs and expenses of Paid Association Leave are documented.
- Certify that during the hours of Paid Association Leave the employee will not engage in political activity, including: actively campaigning for candidates for public office in partisan and nonpartisan election; and fund raising for political organization, political parties, or candidates.
- Ensure that when an employee takes Paid Association Leave, it is reimbursed out of school district funds only when the paid association leave directly benefits education within the district; and require the reimbursement to the school district of the cost of Paid Association Leave activities that do not provide a direct benefit to education within the school district.
Staff members willfully violating the policy may be subject to disciplinary action.
Utah Code. Ann. § 53A-8-104