Juab School District, in compliance with HB 358 and SB 102, has initiated a policy and protocol procedure for evaluating all third-party vendors, websites and apps who have access to any student PII data. Juab School District wants to protect and make sure the student data is secure.
Juab School District requires that all student data that is shared with third party vendors, websites and apps will be transmitted and stored in a secure way, that it will be fully deleted upon request and at the end of the contract, that it will share data with those authorized upon request, will use data for the purpose of provided service, may not claim ownership of student data or sell data, and may submit to a data audit if requested.
In order for a third-party vendor, website or apps to be approved, they must go through these evaluation steps:
1. Administrators, Teachers and Staff will submit a website/app that uses student PII data to their Student Data Security Manager (SDSM).
Each website/app must have the following agreements:
A. Transmitted and stored in a secure way
B. The data will be fully deleted upon request and at the end of the contract.
C. The data will share data with those authorized upon request.
D. Will use data for the purpose of provided service only.
E. May not claim ownership of student data or sell data.
F. May submit to a data audit if requested.
4. The SDSM will also view all security protocols listed for the website, including login security.
5. If the website/app is approved by the SDSM, then it will be turned over to the Evaluation Committee.
6. The Evaluation Committee will go through all websites/apps and determine if they are aligned with curriculum and if similar websites are already being used in the district
7. Once the website/app is approved by the Evaluation Committee, it will be routed back to the SDSM
8. Then the website/app will be added to the approved list. Also, The website/app will be turned over to Tech Support for login configuration.
9. After websites/apps are approved their metadata will then be uploaded to the Utah Metadata Dictionary